The Colorado-Wyoming District is full and not accepting any more applications.
This page is for the Colorado-Wyoming District in Denver.
If you are registering for a different district,
go to: http://www.metopera.org/nationalcouncil
This page is for the Colorado-Wyoming District in Denver. This is for general information only for people who may be interested in applying for the 2021 Auditions!
Applicants may choose to enter any District audition across the country regardless of whether they are a resident of the area. District winners must compete in the Region Finals of the Region in which they were District winners. Because we allow singers to audition in the National Council District of their choice, there will be certain unavoidable instances when a panel includes a judge with a connection to one or more contestants. While we work to avoid this circumstance, please be assured that judges are required to recuse themselves from deliberations about singers with whom they have previously worked.
You may no longer apply online for the Colorado/Wyoming District; we are now full. Following section is informational ONLY for the 2021 Colorado-Wyoming District in Denver applicants!
For Next Year only (2021)… Applications Must Include The Following
- Completed application form and Governing Regulations form with candidate’s signature. Unsigned applications will not be accepted.
- Photocopy of birth certificate or other legal proof of age such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Non-refundable application fee of $30.00 (U.S. Funds only) in the form of a check made out to MONC/CO-WY DISTRICT. Please confirm with your local contact person how you should make out your check.
You may also pay the application fee on-line, but not for 2020! Please come back in the fall of 2020 to apply for 2021.
- Please indicate your name and that the payment is for an application fee in the Description box on Payment screen.
- A résumé and (optional) digital photo.
- Foreign applicants (those who are not citizens of the United States or Canada) must provide proof of one-year residency or proof of full-time enrollment in a college or university in the United States or Canada.
*Please retain a copy of your completed application, including the signed Governing Regulations, for your records.
Applicants for the 2020-2021 season of auditions must be within the following ages: 20–30 years old for all voice types from August 1, 2020, through July 31, 2021.
*Please note that for the 2019–20 season, your birth date must fall on or between August 1, 1989 – July 31, 1999, in order for you to be eligible to audition.
- 1. Applicants should demonstrate operatic potential and should have musical training and background. Applicants must be able to sing in more than one language and show artistic aptitude.
- 2. Citizens of the United States of America and Canada are eligible to audition. Foreign applicants must show proof of one-year residency or proof of full-time enrollment in a college or university in the U.S. or Canada.
- 3. The District and Region auditions require four arias of the singer’s choice consisting of contrasting languages and styles. At the national levels of competition, singers must only offer four arias.
- Please read full eligibility requirements here.